What is MSFConsole?
The msfconsole is probably the most popular interface to the Metasploit Framework (MSF). It provides an “all-in-one” centralized console and allows you efficient access to virtually all of the options available in the MSF. MSFconsole may seem intimidating at first, but once you learn the syntax of the commands you will learn to appreciate the power of utilizing this interface.
Benefits to Using MSFconsole
- It is the only supported way to access most of the features within Metasploit.
- Provides a console-based interface to the framework
- Contains the most features and is the most stable MSF interface
- Full readline support, tabbing, and command completion
- Execution of external commands in msfconsole is possible: